Osborne Village Resource Centre is in Partnership with:
- Winnipeg Technical College
- Manitoba Entrepreneurship, Training, and Trades (Provincial Government)
- Health Living, Youth and Seniors (Provincial Government)
- The Winnipeg Foundation
The Osborne Village Resource Centre is a non-profit service agency committed to providing
- Quality career counselling
- Job search and employability skills training
- Referral services, and
- Follow-up...for individuals to move from unemployment, under-employment and fragile-employment to full employment, while instilling a positive attitude toward technology and life-long learning.
Individuals who use the Centre range from young people to seniors and are from varied cultural backgrounds, as well as those who have special needs.
The Centre opened in 1996 with a partnership between the South Winnipeg Technical Centre (now known as Winnipeg Technical College) and Human Resources Development Canada.
The provincial department Manitoba Entrepreneurship, Training and Trades is the Centre's primary funder. Winnipeg Technical College continues to provide administrative leadership and operational support to the Osborne Village Resource Centre.
Osborne Village Resource Centre opened in January 1996 on the northeast corner of Osborne Street and River Avenue. In July 2001, the Centre successfully moved to its present address. This change of location was necessitated by the huge increase in the number of clients since the Centre's opening.
Osborne Village Resource Centre employs seven full-time staff members. Many volunteers also contribute valuable support to the Centre in a variety of roles.